Saturday, September 4, 2010

Random facts about The Unbreakable Spirit album

- Back off was written when I still was at school.

- There was supposed to be an instrumental cover of somewhere over the rainbow, but it was replaced for At the Gates of madness.

- When the fairies are knocking at my door wasn't supposed to be on the record. It was just a song for my girlfriend I recorded after a fight, but she left me after that anyway so I decided to include it since it represents an important part of my past.

- At the Gates of madness was written one night I was drunk in front of a piano.

- Through the eyes of a sad man was a different song called "wake up" and had different lyrics and no chorus.

- Mr. Businessman's composition was finished one day before recording it.

- There were two songs I couldn't finish because I had no more ideas left, so I combined them in one song: The Unbreakable Spirit.

- Eternal Traveler replaced a song we couldn't finish recording because the invited singer never showed up.

- Eternal Traveler was written with all the ideas I didn't use for The Unbreakable Spirit and the lyrics were written the day before the singer recorded the vocals.

- When the fairies are knocking at my door's vocals were recorded 3 different times because I was never satisfied with the sound of my voice until the sound engineer refused to do it again.

- All solos from I was born to lose were improvised in the moment I recorded them.

- The abyss of our minds is the only song I wrote in which I just sit and watch.

- I wrote The Unbreakable Spirit one night I was looking for an excuse to avoid studying for an exam.

No comments:

Post a Comment